BUYING A HOME
- Usually a minimum of $1000+
- Comes off of your down payment amount at closing
Home Inspection – $400-$600
- Inspect Inc. Mike Doetsch 847.381.7210
- About Your Home Inspection David Novalinski 847.669.9040
- Radon $200+
- Well and Septic $300-$500
- Air Quality/Mold $200+
- Usually included in your lending fees.
- Lender should be able to verify exact amount.
- A percentage of the purchase price, depending on what time of loan you will be using.
Home Owner Association (If Applicable)
- Some HOAs require a move in/out fee and they also may require you to pay a certain number of months in reserves.
-Your lender should be able to give you a better estimate.
*All numbers are estimated and could change.
Get started with a lender on the preapproval process and determine a budget for purchase price, taxes, and homeowners association fees.
Start searching for a home.
- Determine your must-have qualities in a home.
- Narrow down town, neighborhoods, school districts etc.
When you’ve found a home that you like, we can write an offer.
- Offers will include purchase price and terms of sale.
- We will negotiate back and forth with the seller until we either have a mutually agreed upon contract or it is determined that an agreement cannot be met.
- Possible multiple offer situations.
- We may have to write several offers until we can come to an agreement with a seller.
Offer is accepted!
- Earnest Money will need to be given. This is typically a minimum of $1000 and comes off your down payment.
- 5 Day attorney review and home inspection period.
-Both the buyer and seller have the option to cancel the contract for any reason during this period.
-Home inspections are at buyer’s cost and can include: general, radon, air quality, lead based paint, well and septic.
Contract to close.
- Complete loan process including submitting all required docs and meeting all lender conditions.
- Appraisal is completed.
-Depending on the type of financing you are using, the property needs to meet certain livable standards.
- Final walk through.
-Bring remainder of down payment, plus any closing cost.
-Keys are usually given at closing.